Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Clean as much of the “stringy stuff” off of the seeds as you can. This is done most easily right after the seeds have been removed and before the pulp dries.
- Rinse the seeds in a colander, pat dry with paper towels and put them into a small bowl.
- For every one cup of seeds that you’ve “extracted,” add 1 T. of olive oil and ½ t. coarse salt, stirring to coat.
- I found that a medium sized pumpkin yields about one cup of seeds. (Don’t ask how many pumpkins were harmed in the preparation of this recipe!)
- Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes, maybe a little less, stirring occasionally.
- You can serve the seeds warm, or let them cool and store in an airtight container!
- If you want to get creative, season the seeds before baking with a pinch of a spice like chili, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper, flavored salt, onion, or curry.
Try roasting pumpkin seeds this Halloween and let me know how it goes! Happy Halloween to all of you!