MOTHERHOOD

"About every true mother there is a sancity of martyrdom-
and when she is no more in the body, her children see her with
the ring of light around her head."

Godey's Lady's Book, 1867

THE ART OF DOMESTIC BLISS

.....in a time lacking in certainty and filled with anguish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attempting to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of it's lost heart. -Louise Bogan
“And there are my children!
My darling, precious children!
For their sakes I am continually constrained
to seek after an amended, a sanctified life;
what I want them to become
I must become myself”.

~ Elizabeth Prentiss, Stepping Heavenward

Saturday, October 4, 2014

October 4 Day : 4 Now

Day : 4 Now
‪#‎captureyourgrief‬
‪#‎healyourheart‬
‪#‎pregnancyandinfantlossawarenessmonth‬
Now it has been 4 years and 3 months since I lost Jonah. Lot's of healing has occurred. Time really does heal. But what time cannot do is take away the scars. It was crushing to me to loose 2 babies a year apart. When I lost Faith in 1991 I had peace because I had a 5 month old baby, and Faith was a sweet surprise. But I had such a spiritual experience as she left this world, I was okay. The last two were the hardest, because they were both deeply wanted and prayed for. The hardest blow was losing Jonah. I knew when the Dr.s office said we lost the heartbeat, my dream was over. I had been fighting advanced maternal age....there was no more time. The timer went off and my biological clock called it quits...long before I safely delivered the one last child I deeply desired. I had a rough few years and found multiple ways to heal. But always feel a twinge when I see a mother nursing a child, a healthy round belly growing on a young mother, or walking by the baby isle and smelling sweet baby powder. I left it open to mother nature after that...but no baby.....now I am closer to being a grandmother...but nowhere near ready for that new adventure. Actually one thing that is amazing is the strength I have gained and the empathy for mothers who suffer loss. That's why every October I honor with women everywhere those precious, short lives. And if my daughter ever needs me if she finds herself in my shoes, she will know...I really do know how to comfort her. So how am I now? Getting stronger...and that is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment


An Island of Security....A Mother at Home

Very largely does the wife hold in her hands, as a sacred trust, the happiness and the highest good of the hearts that nestle there. In the last analysis, home happiness depends on the wife.
  • Her spirit gives the home its atmosphere.
  • Her hands fashion its beauty.
  • Her heart makes its love.
And the end is so worthy, so noble, so divine, that no woman who has been called to be a wife, and has listened to the call, should consider any price too great to pay, to be . . .

the light,
the joy,
the blessing,
the inspiration,
of a home.

The woman who makes a sweet, beautiful home, filling it with love and prayer and purity, is doing something better than anything else her hands could find to do beneath the skies.

A true mother is one of the holiest secrets of home happiness.

God sends many beautiful things to this world,

many noble gifts;

but no blessing is richer than that which He bestows

in a mother

who has learned love's lessons well,

and has realized something of the meaning

of her sacred calling.










~ J. R. Miller, "Secrets of Happy Home Life, 1894" ~